Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Times!









We have some first times for both Makenna and Hollis. Hollis just started the "Gerber" baby foods at about 7 months. I think the food in the picture he is eating is probably squash. Hollis is now 8 months and feeding him can be quite the task. He has now figured out how to play with his food. Every time I give him a bite he blows the food back out of his mouth and it goes everywhere -- it probably doesn't help that Makenna thinks it's funny and starts to try and do it with him. I am still not sure what his favorite food is -- he likes it one day and hates it another.
These are just some fun shots that I took with Hollis. I don't have very many pictures with him so I thought I would take some. I feel like Makenna has a lot more pictures than Hollis but it is probably because she is the first child. I guess I need to try and do better with Hollis.
Makenna is now 2 1/2 and just had her first haircut. I cut her hair myself and originally only wanted to take about 1 inch off and it ended up being more like 3 inches when all was said and done. I kept asking Dustin, "Does it look even?" -- His response "Sure, that looks good enough. Just stop while you are ahead." My thoughts to his comments were that he really didn't care and you can't stop if it isn't even -- I don't even know why I asked! It is hard enough trying to get her to hold still but it is even harder when some of her hair flips up while other parts of her hair curl under. Anyway, I think it turned out good for a first hair cut.
Makenna got a whole bunch of random dress up clothes for Christmas -- some were old things of mine, some from Savers, and just other stuff people gave us to throw in. She loves her dress up clothes! She dressed herself in all three of these pictures. What a goof ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment