Thursday, March 26, 2009

Jerrilyn and Makenna's Trip to New Mexico








































































Sorry it took so long for me to get these on here. I guess I am just trying to get my house back in order from when I was gone and get back into routine. The house was actually very clean when I got home but then between Makenna and I, we messed it back up again trying to get errands done and neglecting the house.


Makenna and I were able to go up to New Mexico to attempt to help Janie with her mother who is needing her time right now due to falling and breaking her hip. It is a very slow recovery process but Janie has been great with being there for her mom. Janie enjoyed having Makenna there to play with when she had a little down time. She said she needed some young blood to play and be with since she is always at the rehabilitation/retirement place.


Makenna was able to help Janie drive back to the house in their neighborhood. Makenna was getting so excited about it, but as soon as I pulled out the camera she was very serious and would hardly look at me. She doesn't like it when I pull out the camera....it never fails! I thought that most kids liked that kind of thing, but not Makenna.


Makenna also loved the swing. She always wanted to go out and swing, but most of the time the wind was blowing pretty good and it was too cold to go out. We took her out as often as we could. Janie put the towel around her head to block the wind on her ears.......she looked so cute. The first day was really the only nice day there and so Makenna was treated to a popsicle by Russ when he got home from work.


Makenna's favorite way to count is to get up on the pool table and have someone roll the balls to her as she counts them. She loves to do this!


The first video is of when we arrived in New Mexico. No one had any idea that we were coming so I tried to get as much of it on fillm as I could but had to turn off the camera for fear of what might come out of Janie's mouth. She is going to kill me when she reads that part, but oh well!


I was very nervous to take the 6 1/2 hour trip with Makenna by myself because I have never done that before. Makenna did a lot better than I thought she would. I just made sure to stop every 2 hours to give her a break and let her run around. We stopped at McDonald's in Kayenta and I let Makenna go play in the big play area because she has never done that before. Well, she loved it and climbed all the way up in there. When it was time to go I realized she couldn't get back down on her own or didn't know how. So, huge pregnant me and to climb up in there with my purse and all to go get her. That was miserable.....I barely fit and I am sure that it was comical for everyone watching. Now the next step is to attempt a trip with two kids and maybe even try to make the 10 hour drive to Utah.


No comments:

Post a Comment