Monday, March 19, 2012

Christmas 2011




Grandpa Russ, Grandma Janie and Coe came for Christmas this year. Yes, we all barely fit in our little apartment. It was our first Christmas at home with our kids. We had so much fun and the kids loved their Christmas. Christmas landed on Sunday this year so we went to church Sunday morning and Makenna went up front with the other primary children to sing a Christmas song. The tights we had for her to go with her dress did not fit for some reason even though they said they were her size. The whole time she was at church she was trying to adjust her tights that were really bothering her. She even lifted up her dress once to try and adjust things and someone in our ward saw her and just started laughing -- good thing she is so cute!
For Christmas Eve the kids did the Nativity play for us and then we read "The Night Before Christmas". I always grew up having my mom read the story so naturally I thought I would read the story to the kids. Dustin insisted that he was going to read the story and I told him he could if he would just make sure to skip over the part that talked about Santa having a pipe. My mom always skipped over that part because she didn't think Santa should have a pipe. What do you think Dustin did? That's right, he did exactly what I told him not to do and he did it on purpose -- he likes to do that! I guess we are starting some of our own traditions now but I might just have to read it next year. ;)
One more thing -- thanks Janie for the awesome jean quilt you made us!

No comments:

Post a Comment