Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oops!


I am the horrible mom that gave Hollis a dislocated elbow. We were at one of Makenna's t-ball games and Hollis ran out on the field so I hurried and grabbed his arm to pull him off the field -- bad idea! He started crying in pain and was favoring his arm. At first I thought that I had dislocated his shoulder by the way he has holding his arm, but when we took him to the emergency room after Makenna's game they knew exactly what it was before the doctor even looked at him. I guess it is common in kids his age. They showed Dustin and I how to fix the problem for the next time it happened so we wouldn't have to take him to the emergency room again. I guess once it happens once, they are likely to get it again. Dustin knows just exactly how to do it, but I have no idea -- it kinda freaks me out to try it, in fear that I don't know what I am doing and will hurt Hollis. Hopefully Dustin is always around. Immediately after they fixed his arm he was back to moving and playing like normal -- amazing! Because it has been so long since I updated my blog, I can say that his elbow has been dislocated again for a second time and again with me. Janie and I were at the mall with the kids and Dustin had just left the mall to go do his own thing. I was looking at something in one of the stores and Hollis was holding my hand but wanted to go somewhere else. When Hollis tried to pull away from me his elbow dislocated again! I had to call Dustin and he had to come back to the mall to fix his elbow -- he got it first try! Thank goodness Dustin knows what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment